Saturday, November 17

Paint Chip Santa Cards

Here are some more cards that I created using those now famous Paint Chips. This time I chose to turn them into that favorite of Christmas icons... Santa Claus!

For these cards, I again choose to use Behr's 5"x6" paint chips. However, unlike in my Holiday Tree Cards, I did not cut them on an angle. I simply trimmed the text and rounded corners from each long side of the paint chips. Then I marked the middle of the top of the paint chips and trimmed from middle point to each bottom corner to get my triangle. Using the white lines as a guide, I added the following accents:
  • Santa's "beard" - half of a scalloped oval
  • Santa's "nose" - circle punched from darkest color of paint chip remnants, attached using a pop dot
  • Santa's "eyes" - 2 medium circle brads
  • Santa's "hat" - small pom pom
  • Santa's "belt" - velvet ribbon and metal buckle

For each of the cards, I added a patterned paper background and finished the cards with a rub-on and a snowflake brad.

Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Halcraft USA and DCWV
  • Patterned Paper: Pinecone Press Papers or Provo Craft
  • Brads: black circles by Making Memories and white snowflakes by Jo-Ann Stores
  • Metal buckles: Jo-Ann Stores
  • Pom poms: Westrim Crafts
  • Rub-ons: Holiday Word Decor by Royal & Langnickel
  • Fibers: Dashes, Dots & Checks black velvet ribbon by Michaels
  • Tools: 5/8" circle punch and Mega Scalloped Oval by Marvy Uchida
  • Other: paint chips by Behr
"Ho Ho Ho"
Finished Size 5" x 6.5"

"Believe"
Finished Size approx 6.5" x 6"

For more pics of my Santa cards, check out my online portfolio!

2 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Love your paint chip cards. I think you've started a huge trend here.

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your paint chip Santa! You can see it here:

http://funfamilycrafts.com/paint-chip-santa/

Thanks for another fantastic project idea!