For these cards, I again choose to use Behr's 5"x6" paint chips. However, unlike in my Holiday Tree Cards, I did not cut them on an angle. I simply trimmed the text and rounded corners from each long side of the paint chips. Then I marked the middle of the top of the paint chips and trimmed from middle point to each bottom corner to get my triangle. Using the white lines as a guide, I added the following accents:
- Santa's "beard" - half of a scalloped oval
- Santa's "nose" - circle punched from darkest color of paint chip remnants, attached using a pop dot
- Santa's "eyes" - 2 medium circle brads
- Santa's "hat" - small pom pom
- Santa's "belt" - velvet ribbon and metal buckle
For each of the cards, I added a patterned paper background and finished the cards with a rub-on and a snowflake brad.
- Cardstock: Halcraft USA and DCWV
- Patterned Paper: Pinecone Press Papers or Provo Craft
- Brads: black circles by Making Memories and white snowflakes by Jo-Ann Stores
- Metal buckles: Jo-Ann Stores
- Pom poms: Westrim Crafts
- Rub-ons: Holiday Word Decor by Royal & Langnickel
- Fibers: Dashes, Dots & Checks black velvet ribbon by Michaels
- Tools: 5/8" circle punch and Mega Scalloped Oval by Marvy Uchida
- Other: paint chips by Behr
Finished Size 5" x 6.5"
Finished Size approx 6.5" x 6"
For more pics of my Santa cards, check out my online portfolio!