Monday, March 10

Making Your Own "Love Stamp"... Priceless

Hate the rising cost of stamps?
Well here's how you can make your own!

True, this "Love Stamp" Tag won't get your package delivered, but it will make sure that it is well-received!


I designed this tag using the handmade Prima-style paper flowers that I created using Valita's great tutorial (see previous post), and scraps of paper and ribbon that I had on hand. First I measured out a 2.25" x 1.75" rectangle from my patterned paper. Then I applied my rub-on and attached my paper flowers with mini brads and glue. Next I matted my patterned paper on white cardstock which I trimmed with decorative scissors. Next I cut a 3.5" x 2.5" piece of blue cardstock. I rounded the bottom corners and mitered the top corners. Using a slot punching tool, I added a hole through which I threaded my ribbon. Finally I mounted my "stamp" onto the tag with foam tape.

Materials:
  • Patterned Cardstock: Blossom "Sisters" Bird/Light Pink from Bohemia collection from My Mind's Eye, Red/White Hearts Double Sided Mulberry paper from The Paper Company, blue cardstock from Brights series by DCWV, white cardstock by Hammerhill
  • Accents: mini circle brads and Simply Stated Baby rub-on by Making Memories, paper flowers - handmade
  • Fibers: ribbon from Target's $1 Scrapbooking line
  • Tools: Paper Edgers Stamp decorative edge scissors from Fiskars; Paper & Ribbon Slot Punching Tool by Making Memories; rounded corner punch, retro flower punch & daisy punch from EK Success; embossing stylus tools by Royal & Langnickel
Finished Size 2.5" x 3.5", exclusive of ribbon.

2 comments:

Jeni Glee said...

I tell you, if I could spend a week with you and tap into all your creativity, I would be rich indeed. I love how you made the Primas yourself and that LOVE tag is perfect in every way!

Jeni Glee said...

I tell you, if I could spend a week with you and tap into all your creativity, I would be rich indeed. I love how you made the Primas yourself and that LOVE tag is perfect in every way!