Presenting the complete tutorial on how to create your very own Ice Cream Cone Card...
- Cardstock: brown from K&Company; blue-green, pink, dark pink, and red from Bazzill Basics Paper; black
- Patterned Paper: The Slab II from Provo Craft
- Accents: colored wire by Making Memories
- Tools: 1" circle punch
- Other: patterns (download here!)
- Cut out shapes for ice cream scoops & cone following directions on patterns. Punch two 1" circles from red paper.
- Glue patterned paper to front cone piece.
Cut half moon shape from dark pink paper and adhere to front of "strawberry" scoop.
Randomly cut "chocolate chips" from black cardstock and glue to front of "mint chip" scoop.
Cut small half moon shape from pink paper and glue to one red circle to make a highlight.
- Fold as follows:
Back copy of "strawberry" scoop back one inch from top
Front copy of "mint chip" scoop forward one inch from top
Back copy of "cone" back one inch from bottom
- Glue front pieces of scoops & cones to back pieces on the small folded areas only (top of scoops & bottom of cone).
- Glue back of "mint chip" scoop to back of cone, and back of "strawberry scoop to back of "mint chip" scoop, overlapping pieces.
- Cut approx. 3" piece of red wire. Curl one end into a small circle and adhere to back of red circle with highlight using glue dot. Glue bottom half of "cherry" to top of "strawberry" scoop. Glue other red circle to back of "strawberry" scoop, making a sandwich with the wire.
The "strawberry scoop" flips up to say "You're like the CHERRY on top of my ice cream!"
The "mint chip scoop" flips up to say "Life without you would be like MINT CHIP without the chocolate!"
The "cone" flips down to say "Thanks for being my friend!"
Finished Size Approx. 5" x 3.75" (plus cherry "stem")
Additional photos in my online portfolio.
: : : : :
And what would a birthday party be
without games and prizes???
without games and prizes???
And now, on to the gifts! In honor of my blog's very first birthday, I am giving away a Blog Candy prize package. The package consists of one copy of Paper Crafts magazine's latest special issue "Cards, Gifts, & More: Paper Crafting 3 Ways" (featuring 3 projects by Yours Truly), four packages of Ice Cream themed dimensional stickers, two spools of coordinating ribbon, and one Ice Cream themed box. (Sorry -- due to the high cost of shipping, I can only send this package to residents of the continental United States.)
If you would like a chance at winning this package, simply make a paper craft creation (card, scrapbook, etc.) using Ice Cream as your theme. Then upload a photo of your project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a comment on this post with a link to the website (not the image itself!) by Friday, August 29th at 11pm EST. I will pick my fave and announce the winner here on my blog on Saturday, August 30th. If you already have an Ice Cream themed project online, feel free to enter it!
I can't wait to see your creations! And enjoy the Birthday Party!