Wednesday, September 5

Pocket Cards

I got this quick and easy Pocket Card idea from the Feb/March 2003 issue of Stamper's Sampler. It's so simple, you really don't need a template (but I'm providing the link anyway...) Simply fold a rectangular piece of cardstock in half so that the fold is at the top. Then fold up the outer corners and secure as desired.

I designed this card for Paper Crafts magazine's online Gallery Idol contest back in April. The challenge was "Hello Cards." For this entry, I went with a "stationery" theme. I used double-sided cardstock to create the card base. I then printed out "Just a note to say..." with a green background on cream cardstock to get the "reversed text" effect. I added a "hi" brad over a paper flower to complete my sentiment. Finally I secured my pocket together with ribbon and added a silver letter charm.

For the pockets contents, I created three miniature, personalized letterhead in Photoshop, which I then tucked into the pocket. I also added small images of postage stamps which I cut out of a USPS catalog, mounted on white cardstock for stability and trimmed with decorative scissors. The last of the contents of my pocket include a miniature envelope, pen and paper flowers with brad centers.


Here are some additional Pocket Cards that I have created in the past.






For this one, I used dimensional
stickers and secured it
with a trio of ribbons.









I filled the pocket of this
Mother's Day card with silk roses
and added a gold heart charm
to the ribbon closure.








Here I used vellum stickers which I backed with white cardstock for opacity. I then attached them using foam tape for added dimension.






There are so many ways to customize this card! The pocket can hold small trinkets for a birthday party or a baby shower. It can also be used to hold a gift card. How about food-themed embellishments with a restaurant gift certificate inside? So many ideas! I hope you're inspired to create your own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work on these pocket cards, I am sure the reciever Loved them!
Conniecrafter