Wednesday, September 19

Guten Tags


This was my third entry in Paper Craft Magazine's online "hello-themed" Gallery Idol contest this past April. For this "card" I decided to create a series of tags, each printed with the word "hello" in a different language. I also used a technique called dry embossing using Lasting Impressions' stencils to create the various 3D elements on each tag. I added color and contrast to my images by highlighting them with ink. I also added dimension to my project by using various levels of foam tape to adhere my elements. I accented some of the bugs with vellum wings and "antennae" made from silver florist wire. Finally, I bound all the tags together with two very large brads.







Want to see more of this project? Check it out in my online portfolio!

To learn more about dry embossing, check back for a future post...

No comments: