Tuesday, September 11

Letter from Janice, plus her Army of Hawaiian Shirts

WOW! I just received these photos from Janice over at Arbor Acres United Methodist Retirement Community in North Carolina. Boy have they been busy little bees! They've created a whole army of Hawaiian Shirts for their Fund Raiser! Janice also sent me this lovely thank you letter to share with all of you...
Dear Fellow Paper Crafters,

Thank you so very much for rising to the occasion to assist with the Hawaiian Shirt project for the Meals on Wheels Senior Services Fundraiser: The CARibbean Cruise which will be held on Thursday September 27th at Arbor Acres United Methodist Retirement Community in Winston-Salem, NC. I received 22 shirts from you and am thankful for your support.

I’ve cut out and made 60 shirt kits for my residents and we are getting together next week to make the shirts and place our labels in them. I ordered a 3 in block photo stand from Oriental Trading and we spray painted it Ancient Ruins Stone paint which looks just like Sand and these will be our stands to place the shirts in for display on the tables.

And I would like to thank you, Janice, for giving me and my readers the opportunity craft for such a worthy cause! All I can say is that you and the staff and the residents of Arbor Acres did an AMAZING job with the shirts. They all look WONDERFUL! I'm sure your CARibbean Cruise fund raiser will be even more successful!

p.s. Enjoy one of those cute little umbrella drinks in my name!

No comments: