Monday, July 23

Yay! I won my first contest!

Click to enlarge

These little shirts were my entry for Paper Crafts Magazine's online "Get Inspired Challenge" for the month of June. Viewers were challenged to design a project inspired by a favorite summer item. I chose Hawaiian Shirts as my inspiration. I originally chose this size to fit in a 5" square envelope, but it turned out that the shirts were the perfect size to hold a business or gift card! I also chose this size to maximize my paper -- I can get two shirts from one 12" x 12" piece of cardstock.

I was so excited when Kelly from Paper Crafts emailed me to tell me that I was one of three June Gallery Challenge Winners! Woo Hoo! And congrats to the two other talented ladies who also won. Lemme tell you, there was some stiff competition!

What did I win you ask? My Hawaiian Shirts won a place of honor in the Paper Crafts Gallery for the month of July, a free subscription to Paper Crafts Magazine, and these wonderful products...


Doodlebug paper, stickers & ribbon.
The stamps are from Scrapworks.

For additional versions of this shirt, see my portfolio...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela- Welcome to bloggin'! I love this template and really appreciate the time you took to post it!

Alhambra Club said...

Congratualtions, that is wonderfull, these shirts are great, thanks for the tutorial, I will have to try it.

Michele Kovack said...

YEA! Congratulations! What a cute shirt!

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern youve shared well done...Valita

Anonymous said...

Hi

Is there anyway to contact the maker of the Hawaiian shirt cards I am having a 90th birthday for my grandmother theme Hawaiian Luau
please email bridge1em@hotmail.com