Sunday, October 28

Anniversary "Love" Card

One of my newest creations, again using a sheet of transparency film as my card base. This was a (very) belated anniversary card for my brother-in-law and his wife. And now that I have finally given it to them, I can share it with you!

Similar in design to my "Wishing You Flowers" card, I again decided that I wanted to use the patterned cardstock as a backdrop for the cover design. But I also wanted a space for an interior sentiment and signatures. My solution was to fold my cardstock in half and then adhere it to the back cover of the inside of the card. For this card, I chose to spell out the exterior sentiment using patterned chipboard letters. The entire card is adorned with a length of green grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot along the top.

Bonus Tip! When working with transparencies, I like to place a gridded cutting mat under the clear sheets. I use the grid to align my paper and accents when adhering them to the transparency film.

Supplies:
  • Patterned Cardstock: Classic K McKenna Mat Pad by K&Company
  • Transparency Sheet: for inkjet printers by 3M
  • Accents: K-OLOGY Hannah Chipboard Alphabet by K&Company,
    jumbo blossoms and pebble brad by Making Memories
  • Silk Leaves: Michaels Stores
  • Fibers: Vintage Hip Paisley green grosgrain ribbon from Making Memories

Finished Size 8.5" x 3.75". Sized to fit in a standard #10 envelope.
Want to see more of this card? Check it out in my online portfolio!

3 comments:

Tee said...

Love the card. I'm sure your brother in law and his wife would have loved it too.
Very very innovative.

Lisa said...

This is just beautiful. I love your blog, so many great ideas here!!

Anonymous said...

Great Idea. Very thoughtful and ingenius! Its definitely something people would love and buy, I would take one RIGHT NOW if it were in Ralphs!

-Kelly