Friday, October 26

Wishing You Flowers

This card was one of my first attempts at using transparency film (aka acetate sheets) in my card design. I really enjoy working with this material -- it challenges me to think differently and is still somewhat unexpected. The only real downside is that you have to be very careful with your adhesives, as they cause smudges that are very difficult to remove from the transparency.

(If anyone has any tips they would like to share on how to remove unwanted adhesive and smudges from transparency film, please leave me a comment on this post!)

This actually was a very simple card to create. First I printed my sentiment on a piece of transparency film. (See bonus tip below.) I trimmed the sheet to 5" x 10" and then folded it in half to create my card base. I then glued a silk leaf to a square of double-sided patterned cardstock. I attached the cardstock to the back of my card with eyelets, with the leaf facing the back. I attached a flower and another silk leaf to the front of the card with a giant pebble brad. Finally I adhered a bracket on either side of the flower.

Bonus Tip! When printing on transparencies, I flip my text/image to print backwards on the rough side of the film, and then flip the printed transparency so that I am using the smooth side for my card.

Supplies:
  • Patterned Paper: Classic K McKenna Mat Pad
    by K&Company
  • Transparency Sheet: for inkjet printers by 3M
  • Accents: Funky Vintage clear brackets,
    paper daisies, pebble brad, and eyelets
    by Making Memories,
  • Silk Leaves: Michaels Stores

Finished Size 5" x 5". Want to see more of this card? Check it out in my online portfolio!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved this card Angela! Re: smudges on transparencies.... have you tried "Goo-Gone"? I haven't tried it on acetate, but I've found that it removes adhesive 'gunk' from just about anything! hth, rae