Tuesday, March 25

"PEAS IN A POD" (Part 2)

Two Thank You Cards...


This is the Thank You note card that I designed to coordinate with my "Peas in a Pod" baby shower invitations (see earlier post). I used the same pea pod graphic that I had designed for the invitation. I created a few different variations before settling on my final choice... (1) Adding small buttons (too much bulk); (2) Adding paper buttons on foam tape; (3) Printing the entire pea pod (including buttons) separately on white CS, cutting it out, and attaching it with foam tape; and (4) simply printing the entire graphic directly on to my yellow CS. My runner up choice was #3 - printing the pea pod separately - because it gave me my truest colors. However, after an informal poll (my DH), I decided that all the added embellishments were too much for such a small, simple note card. So I went with #4 - printing directly on the CS. Which also happened to be the easiest and quickest choice - Yay!

The cardstock that I chose was originally an A6 Folded Card. I sized my note card to fit two-up so that I could get two per card. The cardstock was also yellow on the outside and white on the inside. I decided to take advantage of this fact by trimming the front cover of my note card with decorative edge scissors and allowing the white interior to show through. I added the polka dots and along with my sentiment and VoilĂ ! completed Thank You card!


This is the Thank You card that I designed for the woman I hired to bake the mini cupcakes that I served at the baby shower. I used the same A6 Folded Cardstock as above to create this card, however this time I held the fold at the top of the card. I also trimmed the bottom of the cover in an arc. I used a photo of the cupcakes that I had taken at the shower and mounted it to the front of the card with foam tape.

For the inside of the card, I decided that I wanted to create a pocket in which to hold my payment check. I simply folded my CS up and adhered it on the sides to form a pocket. Then, to add contrast with the front of my card, I adhered some green gingham patterned paper to the pocket. This was a simple design that could also work to hold a gift card.

Finished size of both cards approx. 4.5" x 3".

No comments: