When trying to come up with a design for this card, I found inspiration in Nichole Heady's Daisy card. Like Nichole's card, the front of my card is a piece of transparency sheet. The base of my card is a 5" x 5" piece of glittered, patterned cardstock. I added a strip of green gingham patterned paper along the bottom. I then cut the piece of transparency to 5" x 5.5" and folded down the top 1/2". I glued that top part to the back of my patterned cardstock to form a top-folded card. Then I adhered two pieces of ribbon on the front of the transparency, layering the smaller teal ribbon on top of the gold ribbon. Finally I designed my sentiment in Photoshop, printed it out, punched out the scalloped oval, and attached it to the front of my card. So quick and easy!
- Cardstock: Nana's Nursery - Baby Boy by DCWV
- Patterned Paper: Bitty Scrap Pads - Ginghams & Stripes Backgrounds by Provo Craft
- Transparency Sheet: write-on by 3M
- Fibers: ribbon from Jo-Ann Stores
- Fonts: Beautiful, Minion Pro
- Tools: Mega Scalloped Oval by Marvy Uchida, sticker maker by Xyron
Tip: These square cards cost an additional 20¢ in postage!
Finished Size 5" x 5".
Additional photos in my online Portfolio.