Monday, December 31

CELEBRATION TIME!!! (Part 1)

Fifty and Fabulous!

No, not me! My latest newly published card! You can find it in Paper Crafts Magazine's special issue titled Card Creations: Quick & Easy. It's on page 76 in their section on Birthday Cards and it's called "You're 50."


The editors chose the "Gift" card from my "Birthday Bubbles" series of cards. (That's an earlier version of the published card in the photo above.) The card base is a piece of transparency film folded to form a square card. The rest of the card is very quickly assembled using some ribbon and a couple of squares and a rectangle cut from some festive double-sided cardstock. My Xyron machine was a big help with this series of cards. (Please see magazine for complete instructions.)

And here's a special bonus for you, my readers! What the magazine does not show is the inside (and punchline) of my "You're 50" birthday card.

Front of card: You're 50
Inside of card: That's 10 Celsius. Happy Birthday.


Hmmm... know anyone who acts their Celsius age instead of their Fahrenheit age??? Then this card would be perfect for them!

Bonus Tip! Need a card for a different age? Check out this Fahrenheit to Celsius Chart...
: : :

Well, this is my final post of the year. I would like to thank 2007 for being such a wonderful, creative, and productive year for me. And special thanks to all of my readers for all of your encouragement and support over the past six months. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be blogging! Check back next year for additional how-to's from my Birthday Bubbles series, plus a whole lot more!

Hope you all have a Happy, Healthy, and Creative New Year! Thanks for reading!

~ Angela

2 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Fun cards. Happy New Year!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Congrats on having your card published! It's beautiful! Love the bright colors and funny saying inside.