Sunday, October 26

Put On Your Party Hat!

Here is the card that I designed for my niece who just turned five. My inspiration for this card came from the wrapping paper that I chose to use for one of her gifts. It including images of a cake, a present, and a party hat. I decided to create a card in the shape of the party hat.

I began by trimming my prefolded card in the shape of a hat, with the crease of the card on the left side of the hat. I then cut patterned paper to fit on the front of the card, trimming some of the paper with decorative edge scissors. I inked the edges of my patterned paper with a Sharpie, imitating the illustrative quality of my chosen graphic. I adhered the paper to the front of my card and accented it with a a chipboard number and a plastic flower which I attached using a flower brad.

Supplies:
  • Cardstock: pink
  • Patterned Paper: Tropical Colors Bitty Scrap Pads by Provo Craft
  • Accents: plastic flowers by Greenhouse; watercolor brite flower brads by Making Memories; Nana's Nursery Diecut Chipboard Number by DCWV; Craft Essentials Birthday rub-ons from Jo-Ann Stores
  • Color Medium: Sharpie black permanent marker by Sanford
  • Adhesive: Mini adhesive dots by Glue Dots; Tape Runner XL by Therm O Web
  • Tools: Paper Edgers decorative edge scissors - Scallop & Sunflower from Fiskars

Finished Size Approx. 4.5" x 5.75"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sooooooooooooooo nice... I like your creations very much...I would like to try to do something...
Hugs,
Begoña