Friday, October 24

Safari Animal Curtain Tie Backs

Here is one of the projects that I recently completed for little Baby Sgro's room. (And just in time, since he is due the end of November!) They are tie backs for the gingham curtains in his room. And they were sooo easy to create! Since DH and I chose a Safari theme for the room, I picked out these cute wooden animals to decorate my tie backs from my local craft supply store.

Here are the quick and easy instructions:
Simply cut your ribbon to the appropriate length. Fold back the ends one inch. Adhere folded piece using fusible bonding web.

Cut pieces of Velcro strips and adhere to the ribbon ends following the manufacturer's instructions. (I cut my pieces to fit behind the wooden animals.) Make sure that you adhere the Velcro so that the ribbon forms a loop once it is closed.

Adhere the wooden animals to the front of the ribbon.

That's it! All done. And my local craft store had so many cute wooden shapes, that you're sure to find some to coordinate with your little bambino's room also!



Supplies:
  • Accents: Painted Layered Animal Shapes by Provo Craft
  • Fibers: ribbon from Michaels Stores
  • Adhesive: Perfect Glue 1 by Liquid Nails; Stitch Witchery fusible bonding web by Dritz
  • Tools: iron
  • Other: heat activated hook & loop fasteners by Velcro

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

::sigh:: I having to blog anonymously again..sorry but I hate google blogs! I'll get my password reset AGAIN but for right now I wanted to say how adorable your tie backs are and that of course they are cute cause you made them!!!!
sandee

Elaine said...

What a cute way to add fun decor to a room!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Hi Angela, These are darling....what are you going to do if he comes early like my Abigail??? I just love these. Oh by the way....I sent you a pm asking for your addy!!!! Jennie

Unknown said...

Wow - those are just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Tracy