Thursday, October 16

You're Invited...

Hello Dear Readers! Sorry I've been so MIA lately -- I've been busy preparing for little Baby Sgro's arrival. That includes designing decor for Baby's room (more on that in a later post) and my Baby Shower! Special thanks to Sue & Julie for a Great Event!

Speaking of Baby Showers... here is the invitation that my sister Suzanne and my best friend Julie created for the special occasion. They went with a Jungle Theme. Isn't it too cute?! And on the inside, there's an extra special three-dimensional surprise! Those blocks "pop up" from the card! I believe they use Lasting Impressions for Paper Embossing Templates on the animals.

: : :

And speaking of Invitations... I just found out that TWO of my projects are going to be published in Scrapbook Trends magazine's Invitation Idea Book! Woo hoo! One my loyal readers will recognize... it's the 50th Anniversary card I designed for those two great couples. And the other is a cute Cookie Exchange Invite I created using a surprise element. Shhh... it's a secret for now...

: : :

Edited to Add...

I also wanted to share with you a picture of the "Jungle Cake" that Julie and Sue created for my shower. Those are chocolate covered Oreos (YUM!) and pretzels (YUM x2!) with little plastic jungle creatures nestled among 'em. How creative and colorful!

7 comments:

Suzanne :O ) said...

congratulations! when are you due?? those invitations are super adorable, love the jungle theme! :D

Mary HK said...

Wow! What a cute card. And congrats on your new expected family member. take care of yourself. Mary in Hong Kong

Edna Siu said...

Congratulation and congratulation!
Why? One for your coming baby, one for the cards that will be appeared in the Scrapbook Trends Magazine.
Safe and happy delivery!!
Edna

Edna Siu said...

Congratulation and congratulation!
Why? One for the coming baby and one for the cards that are going to appeared in Scrapbook Trends Magazine.
Safe and happy delivery!
Edna

sandee said...

Double congratulations are in order! First, like the rest..when are you due? and secondly congrats on the cards!hmmmm... I'm sensing everything coming in two....are you having twins? :)

Jennie Skaggs said...

I hope you had a fun shower......I love those invites. I cannot wait to see what you come with for decorating his room.

Janice W. said...

Congrats to you Angela!! Those tiebacks are so cute! Love your stuff! How exciting that a baby is on it's way! Hope you are doing well! :)Janice